When I started blogging, it was just a way to spit my thoughts out, and my exercises morphed into a form of therapy for me. Eventually, it became a way for me to get back into writing. It took me a little while to find my voice and a little while longer to get connected in the blogging community. While I found it fun to write for myself, it’s been even more exciting to interact with my fellow writers.
You can imagine my delight when I woke up to find I had been awarded The Versatile Blogger award by Kana Tyler! For those of you who don’t know, these are the rules that come along with the award:
1. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
In no particular order, here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award. I’ll link to a recent post that I enjoyed.
Seven Things About Me
Hmmm…I don’t really have a whole lot of secrets from you guys. I gotta think about this one for a bit.
1) My taste in music and movies is often pretty juvenile, as Evan likes to remind me of all the time. 🙂 I have listened to High School Musical more times than I would care to admit. It’s not that I don’t like more mature things…I basically love all of the Sundance festival winners…I just like things for kids, too. Plus, in my opinion (which you don’t have to share), I think HSM is a lot more fun and light-hearted than Glee!
2) If you can figure out what political party I belong to, I might be indebted to you forever. I am an odd assortment of conservative, liberal, and moderate beliefs. It drives my friends in both parties crazy. Maybe it’s a consequence of over-thinking.
3) Akin to the last fact, it is very difficult for me to give up on things. I’m not sure if I’ve inherited my parents’ persistence, if I’ve listened to too much Bon Jovi, or all of those fantasy novel themes have finally gotten to me. Maybe it’s just a personality thing. But once I decide something is worth it, I have a hard time convincing myself otherwise.
4) Now that the FDA has completed their aspartame study, I now have given myself complete justification for my excessive Diet Coke consumption. Don’t worry, folks. I’m well under 20 cans a day. It’s in all of the nutrition textbooks. (I looked this up because I was SICK of getting anecdotal or alternative health articles on aspartame…so don’t even try…as good as your intentions might be, they are completely WASTED on me…)
5) I am particularly proud of the fact that I read Twilight when it first came out. It was so long ago that I was actually surprised when I got halfway through it and found out it was a vampire novel! Nobody knew about the book at the time.
6) When I was in high school, I gave my teachers no end of grief. I was always trying to get extra credit, to get out early, or to get out of doing work. Then when I started teaching, I paid for it that first semester. 🙂
7) Rats, I should probably tell you guys something intelligent about me…I did not realize how juvenile this list was…Mom, don’t read this post…oh well. Okay, here’s one. I’m an obsessive notetaker. When I’m in church and don’t have a pen, the world basically ends. Or if I’m in school and don’t take notes, then I can’t remember a thing. If I’m driving and hear something awesome on the radio and can’t write it down, it haunts me for days. I cannot get over not writing something down. This was maybe more weird than intelligent…